01-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #142
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
Dont treat these guys that nice ok, they want to do that with you, not the other way around. G;luck
All good and well and in part I agree with you, however, keep in mind the after sales service - even during warranty period - when the dealership remembers how well you treated them during negotiations.

It does pay to have some dealership loyalty as the sales guy - at least mine - can help a great deal in securing very good prices for parts, which he has and securing a loan car at virtually no notice. Happened to me years ago with my E90. He went over and above and pulled a loan car for me from one of the other sales guys. Not many will do that for you.

My wiper issue has been fast tracked. A new set being expressed delivered from the factory, dealer has paint repairer (Mr Gloss - top BMW repairer in Melbourne) already booked and a loan car set aside for 2 or even 3 days as needed.

All this because my sales guy insisted that the head of service looks after me personally - and he is doing just that. I asked him "why are you replacing the wipers instead of repositioning it?" "Because there's a small mark on it and we have to ensure your car is in perfect condition & working order." Who am I to argue with such service.

Yes, I know that the dealer makes money from warranty services, but they are heavily regulated and scrutinised. Not all repairs are treated with such importance and priority.

Loyalty goes both ways and builds respect. Besides, no matter how low a price you buy your car for, the dealer will only ever sell it if they are making a proper profit on it.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0