Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
Haha, yes indeed, ugly but well made and functional. I'm an S&W man, myself.

The quality of the welds on the top and sides of the canister look so cheap and sloppy and the steel for the canister isn't prepped at all...still has writing in permanent marker that I assume was on the raw sheet metal prior to fabrication. I wasn't expecting a polished and shiny masterpiece, I was just hoping for a little better workmanship from BMW.

You're right, but the M3 exhaust does look a little nicer. I'm not really worried about it, I just expected a little higher level of finish from a BMW part. I can't wait to start up the engine after I get it installed on Saturday!
Honestly if you crawl under there and look at the stock canister/muffler it pretty much looks the same as an m performance muffler. Its more on the inside thats the difference and the nice shiny ///M logo tips. Better flow too. I know its dissapointing spending $1000 for just a muffler and its not exceptional quality. Its basically factory spec material from what I saw. But regardless I tink I will pull the trigger and dish out the coin. I like the suble sound and no warranty problems.

Oh and I was gonna ask you, since youre doing your own install, and I plan to do the same. What are you cutting the pipe with? I was planning on using a sawzall with a metal blade to drop the stock canister down. Let me know how it works out.