View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEMANRICK View Post
Derek, I hope you have never been stuck because it snows like 2 days a year in Vancouver. More important in the case of Vancouver is how the Xdrive helps with traction on wet and slick roads.......How are you finding your rough and noisy winter tires in Vancouver's rainy December 8 degree celcius weather? Didn't I read on this forum that you put sandbags in your rear wheel drive BMW in winter.....must be great for handling in your $60,000 sports sedan
Actually during some winters, we have had considerable amounts of snow on the ground for up to several weeks at a time, eg. 1995/96, 2005/6. Only when the snow becomes deep in our lane, do I resort to placing 50 lbs of sand in the trunk for extra traction. It does not have a significant effect on the car's handling.

The Pirelli 240 Sottozero II winter tires that I have on my car are neither rough nor noisy. In fact they are very quiet at speeds up to 130 kph. As for handling, these tires have very good grip in the wet - absolutely no complaints.

Hope you are enjoying your Xdrive as much as I am enjoying my RWD M Sport.
They are both great cars and they both offer major improvements over the previous E9X series !!!

Last edited by DerekS; 12-05-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0