svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chris_MX- View Post
I am still researching about that. Fortunately the mexican cars are closer to the european ones than the US cars, because they use the metric system and the same turn signals etc. The F30 also i not an exotic car in germany, so I hope the best.
For sure there are some issues that should be considered, like the rear fog light or the cleaning system for xenon headlights that are obligatory in germany.

Sorry for OT!
I was actually going to bring my F30 from the US to the Netherlands and there was surprisingly little that needed adjustments/changes. One of the main things was the rear fog lights (for which you need this switch indeed) and a headlight adjustment in some cases.

Also think about software for the Nav if you have navigation.. you probably need to load a new map. The turn signals might be a bit different (like with the side marker) but they're not out of EU regulation.

Other than this, there's very little that needs change.. they may use metric in Europe but the US cars have both MPH and KM/h on their displays and everything can be set to the metric system (temperatures, speeds, distances, mileage, etc).

The real problem is the cost for shipping and importing (meaning taxes). I don't know how much this will be for Germany but with the Netherlands I would have to follow certain rules (like having my name on the title for at least 6 mos here, and 12 mos there (one of the reasons is that you have to live for a certain amount of time in that country so the car is basically part of your household move)) so I could avoid the import taxes... if I couldn't abide to those rules, it would have been cheaper to have bought the car in Europe.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0