View Single Post
      01-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #13
Rasengan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
Wow, can you actually buy a car without an alarm in the states then?

All UK cars have an alarm and immobiliser as standard. Would have thought it was an absolute necessity.
i was under the impression you couldn't even start the car without a security key present let alone drive off with it...and even if the thief figured out how to bypass that security algorithm, BMW Assist could locate the car, disable it, and contact authorities for you...of course, i understand, there's always a way to hack the security code of the key: http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ha...oophole-868400 but then i wouldn't worry too much, i only have a 428i...i suspect they'd have bigger fish to fry ;P

a car alarm is completely useless nowadays...when was the last time you thought to call the police when you heard a car alarm go off?

yes it's nice to hear the "beep" sound when locking your door and it's really strange that i no longer hear it...what i listen for now are the folding mirror motor when i lock the car because i have mine set to autofold on lock...when i hear that i know my car is locked
Appreciate 0