View Single Post
      10-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #600
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Have you figured out how to view the song/channel info in the split screen view (I have nav in the other split screen)...agreed, Acura hasn't caught on to this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
One cool thing that I realized yesterday was that the sirius idrive menus are awesome compared to other cars I have driven.

A couple of cool features:
First the sirius radio portion of idrive has a strip of icons on the left of the screen. You can customize the way that the stations or song are displayed. For instance, I was listening to alt nation yesterday and under alt nation was a list of the other rock stations. I saw an icon to customize the menus on the left and each click changes the way the menu is viewed. You can click it to see a lists of artists playing on the various stations. Click it again to see all the songs that are playing on the various stations, etc. You can also see which songs play next on various stations or songs that were previously played. This is so awesome.

One additional thing that I noticed on the Sirius menu is that you can add to favorites. For example, if you like Motley Crue you can add them to your favorites and it will find their songs for you, or if you like one of their songs you can find it using the favorites function.

This is awesome and the idrive Satellite radio menus and functions behave similarly to the actual sirius radio hardware that you would buy from them or in the store. This is where the technology has surpassed the Japanese. You cannot find these functions as least on Hondas with Nav and satellite radio.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0