10-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #303
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
I Mine as well chime in. I just placed my order this morning for a W46 build. My dealer spoke to his contact-friend in Munich who confirmed the nav update.

Like others have said though, best case is I get the updated nav; worst case, I get the current nav in a still very awesome car.
Congratulations on your new car!

Quote:
On another note, I've seen people mentioning the performance brakes. I had an opportunity while putting my order together to look at all of the M-Performance parts being offered at port. One was the black kidneys which I opted for. Others included Performance Exhaust, carbon fiber mirror covers, performance brakes (drilled rotors) and shockingly, Performance Brakes with Red Calipers! I was very surprised to see this being offered and very tempted as well, but I decided against it as it was pretty pricey. I believe it was $2,550. Not really worth it to me.

For what it's worth, I recently tracked my E90 328i with stock brakes and they handled pretty well. By the end of the day they were feeling a bit warped and soft, but my friend with an M3 was saying the same about his.

Food for thought.
$2550 seems like a fair price, based on what I've been reading. Still, a bit pricey for the potential improvement over the stock 335 M-sport brakes.

Quote:
I will be sure to update you all with any info I come across wrt the Nav update. Confirmation is only a month away and we can put this discussion to rest and start obsessing over the next rumors.
When you say confirmation is only a month away, what kind of confirmation will you be getting? A car with PW46 may not even show up at your dealer until early January.

I will be following your updates closely. I'm wrapping up the sale of my current M3 next week and will be ready to order a 335i M-sport, via my dealer.
Appreciate 0