Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em135eye View Post
Yep that's the Rhythm+; no HRV data.
Compromises....we're just not there yet. For sub five miles general fitness runs I feel something like that arm sensor will do the trick. But if you are doing specific, ability improvement cycles that are ten miles and beyond then yes you may need good HRVs in the graph analysis.

The reason the chest strap works is because it's software uses similar software to a 3 lead ecg. An arm band is only going to pull data from one artery/pulse. Even when we get past the ir sensor issue, it will never be as dynamic in data logging.

You might want to try wearing a compression tank, many swimmers use them with success for swimming, I would imaging it might help some with your shape. It might not be as comfortable but I use things like that in endurance training to simulate a mental stress I need to block out and focus on my task.
The end result would be to self modify the chest strap with two vertical shoulder straps on your own to keep it in place....sometimes the end user solutions are the best at evolving a design.
Appreciate 0