View Single Post
      03-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #20
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
When you get older, you'll appreciate that slight increase in height. High enough you don't have to fall into it, not too high that a stepstool is a handy addition. In some markets where SUV's are predominate, it's a compromise that gives some of the benefits without most of the faults.

I have no problem with choices...nobody's saying you have to buy one, don't like it, don't buy it.
There are no doubt SOME benefit to increased ride height. The real question is if it's worth the cost of raising the center of gravity. For a company that spends so much effort achieving 50:50 weight distribution, screwing up the COG for the sake of a bit better visibility and ease of ingress/egress seems hardly worth it to me. I like the basic idea of an extended wheelbase hatchback for families, but the raised ride height seems very unnecessary.

But then again the three German premium makers seem to be all converging to the same point in sport-luxury spectrum, with that point being what China wants. I think that's unfortunate, but it's hard to argue against a market of that size.
Appreciate 0