12-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG View Post
Yeah, I know... the car hasn't even been moved into production, but what better time than before it goes on sale to tell BMW what we enthusiasts want? Here's my personal wish list for the F32.

Colors - Please, please, PLEASE give this car some interesting exterior colors. The highways are drowning in a tsunami of white, black, silver, and grey. I'm talking about mile-deep blues, jewel-toned metallic reds, bronze-y oranges, and let's just hurry up and bring back Techno Violet, shall we? As to the interior, the F30's palette is good as long as we can mix and match. Just so you know... if I can't get Saddle Brown or a similar hue with sport seats, I plan to send the "Occupy" people to BMW Welt. You don't want that.

Customization - Good job getting BMW Individual involved in the concept. Things like the suede headliner, contrasting seat piping, and natural-grain wood are totally awesome and add welcome touches of luxury and exclusivity. We yanks sure would appreciate the opportunity to have some of those Individual bits available when the car goes into production. You want to move the 4-series upmarket? We want a car that reflects our individual tastes, and we're willing to pay for it.

Driving Dynamics - I anticipate that you'll carry over the N20 and N55 to keep development costs and regulatory certification in check. But how about doing what you've done with past 3-series coupe iterations and making the sport suspension standard? Additionally, given the anticipated price differential to the F30, making the M-Sport brakes and M-Performance exhaust standard would be a great way to further distinguish the coupe from the sedan and provide a compelling reason for enthusiasts to pick the 2-door.

Lines - Whilst I think most of us would prefer a world without lines, if you're gonna do it then take a page from Audi's playbook (you seem fond of that lately). Provide lines with an increasing amount of equipment, rather than arbitrary trim bits. Also note that Audi's Sport and S-Line packages are PACKAGES, not lines.

Oh yeah... make M-sport available from the start of production. We don't want to wait 6 months. K, thx bye!
YESSSS this part ^^^