04-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #79
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
Brightest idea yet! Soon enough you will have to have a pre-flight check list of what to do before starting your car.

All of those that say "hey there is a button just turn it off" are really missing the big picture.

One of the things I read about this "feature" was that if your wheels are not pointing straight then it will not engage, which is great at the 1st glance because it conveys the notion that if you are standing still waiting for the incoming traffic to open up so you can make a left you will not have this system die on you. The old school take on how to properly make a left through oncoming traffic says that you should keep your wheels pointed straight until you are ready to go because if you get rear ended while your wheels are pointing to the left you will likely get launched into the oncoming traffic. So if you are like me and follows this technique you are like to have the engine stop on you while you were trying to make a left.

In any case, this is just one reason why I think the lack of permanent off makes this car bad. And again, I understand that it can be useful but I don't understand why it's forced upon you (if somebody says "hey there is a button just turn it off" I will have a heard attack).
I have had it (A.S.S.) for a long time and it is no big deal, people are just ridiculous. My point was that if it is constantly engaging in traffic turn the f-ing thing off. How hard is that? No harder than skipping the latest Lady Gaga crap.

Get over it and realize that all cars will have this in the next 18 months. It saves fuel. If we all saved a gallon (meant MPG) a day prices would be less and we would not be fighting 18 wars to secure more oil... rant over.

Last edited by mapezzul; 04-13-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0