TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
Very nice. There is a nostalgic factor in buying a 320i, which is hard to ignore (for those owning BMW's for long enough to remember). I think it invokes basic driving feelings which are often lost in much more powerful engines. The engine and the pull of the car is not excessive enough to distract you from the steering feedback and handling refinements. I would imagine it is a much more balanced and well rounded driving experience. I think this car will be a hit with both enthusiasts and new BMW owners who don't have a clue that they just stumbled on one of the industry's biggest bargains, which also happens to carry a BMW badge.
Too bad so many will overlook this because to the majority it's all about torque, horsepower and how fast a car get go from 0-60 against brand X.

What I find frustrating is how many people will look at this car and how it's equipped and complain about the price. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spots but the price of something this size is around 30k. A 320i starts around 36k CAD. If I had to pick between a BRZ at $28k or a 320i, I'm picking the 320i without thinking or feeling like a "chump".
Appreciate 0