07-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #2227
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Well, they said the teflon tape fix did not apply to my car even though I know it does. I already have the new door guides, so they wouldn't swap those out. They cleaned the door seals and that got rid of the squeaking/groaning temporarily (it was quiet when I picked it up from service) , but 1 week later and it is getting louder again. I could take it back, but considering the tape cost me $15 and will probably only take about 30 minutes to install myself, I'd rather just do it on my own. It will be less time/effort for me than to fight with this particular service department. I could also try my other local dealership. I've had pretty good luck with their service department in the past but again, it will probably be more time/effort than just fixing things myself.

Trust me, I was not happy about this particular design defect and noted it on my first survey under the "car was delivered without defects/issues" section, along with the incorrectly installed M Performance exhaust from the port, which is another frequently occurring issue that should have been stopped by now.

If it were something more serious or that I couldn't do myself with minimal effort, I would be making a bigger stink about it.
completely understand, unfortunate as it is. hope it works out for you and you can properly enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0