View Single Post
      03-16-2022, 07:26 PM   #40
Neil07
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Ok, quick update so people don't think I abandoned this project . It is still pretty cold here in New England, as Spring can't come soon enough. But there have finally been some warm enough days I could work in the garage without seeing my breath while working… .

I added some sound deadening material to the trunk. Both to help with road noise a bit and also to help the trunk sub perform better and limit some vibration/resonance. I also specifically added sound deadening material to the driver side area of the trunk as that is where I will put the trunk sub now (previously I was going to put it on the other side).

As far as the Match UP10, I have made some progress getting the amp rack done, but still need to work on the cable routing/management a bit before final install as the space is tighter than I originally thought. That said, for anyone else installing this amp, what I am doing is not required - I just want to have a more "tidy" install . Also, one other feature of the UP10 that I am looking to incorporate is to have my V1 radar detector interface directly with the amp, that way any V1 alerts will come through the car's speakers instead of from a remote speaker I have installed behind my dash. With the DSP functions, I can even pick which speakers I want the V1 alerts to come from (like only the front driver speakers for example).

So still more to come but hopefully I will have music coming from the amp this weekend and possibly even start playing around with tuning a bit….
Did you get your system up and running yet? I'm curious about how the mids sound? I took the path of installing the Bavsound Revenant Pro Amplifier. To be honest it sounds like a better version of the stock HK system but it is still lacking mids. I'm thinking about changing over to what you are doing.
Appreciate 0