View Single Post
      05-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #48
steker
Private
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
1. Since I have full navigation, there wasn't room below the head unit, so my only option is to remove the glove box and put it in the empty space between the box and the head unit.

2. Yes, I tested it before putting everything back together.

3. I attached the mic to the headliner just left of the rear view mirror. The headliner is angled downwards, and the mic comes with a clip..similar to a clothespin, so I punched a hole in the liner just below it's edge and put one side of the clip in there.

The USB I pretty much kept internal and only ran part of a one foot cable through the seams in the trim just behind the cup holders. From there it's the perfect length to reach my phone when it's on it's magnetic holder. See pics.
That was very helpful! Thanks a lot for the answers and the photos (those made things very clear too).

I also have a F32 from 2014, but I don't know if it's full navigation or another form. How can I know? I have the 8.8" widescreen, with navigation, latest maps, Bluetooth, Connected Drive etc. I obviously prefer not to have to open the glove box compartment, but I think it might be the only way if I understand you correctly.
Appreciate 0