View Single Post
      11-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Great Review. Congrats on the ride.

My 2 cents ... If the ride height wasn't sooooo high on the X-Drive, I probably would have considered it ... but honestly, not a fan by the asthetic stance of the XDrive. If BMW could finally figure out a way to pack in XDrive w/ same ride height as the M Sport Suspension, I would be sold. Also, I've also found all wheel drive less "fun" and "exciting". Can't really put my finger on it, but I've driven C350 4Matic, Infiniti G37x, S4, and 335i X Drive ... and they all felt a bit "meeeehhh". Out of the bunch, definitely feel the XDrive is the clear winner, but found the 335i non-xdrive a much more exhilerating experince.

I'm going to add on the M Performance Pack (once it finally gets released) to make up for any performance "gains" that Xdrive has over non-Xdrive from a dead stop. This will run me approx $2-2.5Km same price as the XDrive Option. Also, the performance/traction gains of AWD are only realized off the line (cold stop). Once in motion, RWD will typically take AWD (given weight savings, etc).