Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogDan View Post
You seriously must be blind if you think they look the same.
ok, photo set by photo set:

- photo 1 - front - obviously F30 headlights are different with the 'tear duct' look on sides. in real life i think the scoop is a bit different, bu on these photos the scoop, lower grill, etc, are pretty similar. Also, the blue on black makes the double kidnesy seem similar (though i know they are a bit larger on F30). also, BMW badge is slightly lower due to slightly different end of hood (if you wanna get really picky....but on a quick 'hey, nice looking ride' glance, ain't nobody noticing that)

Photo 2- see above.

Photo 3 - slightly blunter nose on F30 is visible...if they are side by each and i look closely. otherwise, no difference.

Photo 4 - more of the same.

Photo 5 - clearly interior differences, but the similarities are more surprising. Seats are the same as is iDrive and stick placement. screen different (though not sure i care for the 'pop up' F30) in fairness, F30 is blurred

Photo 6 - back seats - identical seats.

Photo 7 - driver's door look - again, differences in dash (which, by the way, nobody outside the car notices....) and seat controls are different.

Photo 8 and 9 - ok, these 2 comparisons arent really showing both cars so...not much to say.

Photo 10 and 11 - back end views. Tail lights - same. (ok, the white reverse is a *little* higher on F30. other differences seem to casual viewer like they could be the diff between 328 and 335. nothing major there. i guess trunk might look a little flatter on F30 (?)....or that could be lighting.

ditto rear fender on F30 might look more flared...but not much.

Look, this isnt a radical change. it isnt like going from the W211 Benz to the W212.

...but that is the BMW way. sometimes they make big changes (E46 to E90) and sometimes the changes are very subtle. Its ok that they are subtle.

They are both very fine looking cars. in real life, the tear duct lights give away the F30 but it isnt like a whole other car. me pointing out that they look similar doesnt make me blind.
Appreciate 0