View Single Post
      05-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

Sounds interesting. I think Fifth Gear did a review of a new Rolls Royce (or maybe it was Bentley) recently. Anyway, it was well received by them. It anticipated grades and curves and downshifted accordingly. If it was a seamless integration I wouldn't mind having this feature. I'd be surprised if this was a software only upgrade. Might be some additional add ons to support this. Maybe they will bundle it like the MPPK and sell as an upgrade to those with compatible cars.

Here's some verbiage from the site:

"On vehicles equipped with a navigation system, the proactive drive system ensures that the moment to shift gears is precisely adapted to the prevailing driving situation even if the navigation system is not active. The Proactive Driving Assistant works in tandem with the navigation system and “sees” a bend or a roundabout ahead and takes into account turn-offs and motorway exits. If the vehicle is approaching a roundabout or a bend, the transmission automatically changes down to the most appropriate gear, making optimum use of the engine braking effect. Subsequently, the system again shifts to the optimal gear for accelerating out of the bend. Furthermore, unnecessary gearshifts and hunting between bends are avoided through intelligent interaction with the navigation system."
Appreciate 0