MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyc View Post
Hi Mark,

Great to hear you love the car. I've only just found your post on this - makes me look a bit daft, as I posted a very similar mini-review in my own thread. Looks like we've got pretty similar views.

You're right about the power. I went for the hard break-in approach, so my car has had full throttle and full revs (only when fully warm of course) and it's then that it really impresses. I've spent a fair bit of time in my mate's E92 335d and I've been very surprised to find the F30 is quicker in most situations.

With you on the steering - takes a bit to get used to the lack of weight, but the precision is superb and the feel is there when you need it.

You'll be grinning from ear to ear when you can floor it in sport and hang on for the ride all the way. It's properly quick then.

Cheers & good luck with the car

Dave
Cheers Dave. All I can say is I'm glad I've got the HUD as I've been doing 80 recently when I thought it was MUCH slower; the solidness and refinement of the car really won't help any of our licenses! Much of an improvement over the E90/E92 in this respect.

I really love the steering now; once you get out of the mindset of thinking that steering weight and resistance = steering feel and precision (which according to the F30, it does not!), it really is a gem. So much so that I'm more than happy with the lighter steering in "Comfort" most of the time

Looking forward to "giving it some beans" in a few more miles, still taking it relatively steady at present...