View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

I wouldn't pre-purchase tickets. There are kiosks and ticket counters where you can buy your tickets when you get there. That way you're not stuck with lap tickets if it rains the day you're going to be there or they close the track for some other reason (like a bad crash). There are no "appointments" per se; you just get in line with the card that is coded with the laps you bought and go when they let you. You swipe the card at the gate; it debits the card for another lap; raises the gate, and you're off.

I was there last in 2010 and had no issues whatsoever getting on the track. The Nordschleife is basically a one-way toll road with no speed limit (except few a few very short sections since there are other access points for "locals") All the same rules of the road technically apply (drive on right and pass on left), and ED cars are fully insured. The "Zoll," or customs plates, are different from "export" plates.

You have to exit the road at the end of each lap; but you can get right back in line if you want. When I was there, I got a 4 lap ticket and let me and the car "rest" for 10 minutes or so between laps.

Hope this helps

-MrB
(ED 4/28/04) '04 545i Silver Gray/Beige
Appreciate 0