View Single Post
      12-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Talking 3 Kills 1 Day - my first E46 M3 kill too!!!

When I left for work this morning, I wasn't looking for trouble. Not that I wasn't expecting to beat the cars below, it just felt good to deliver a little humiliation.

In all cases, it was a dry road and we never go much above the speed limit.

First Kill: 335xi vs. Acura TL (non Type S)
There was a lane blocked off on the left side. 3 lanes of traffic merged into 2. I followed a TL into the merge. I heard him downshift with whatever slushbox he had. As soon as the the lanes widened to 3 again, he takes off and I punched it taking the left lane. He had 1 CL start on me by the time we were around the speed limit, I put 1 CL him. 50 year man, looked dumbfounded....he thought he had a sports car.

Second Kill: 335xi vs. E46 M3
Slightly down the road, I was just crusing at the speed limit. This grey M3 zooms up beside me. We exchange nods and both slowed down to well below the speed limit (no traffic around), I was at the top of 1st and we go. By the time we were around the speed limit, I pulled half a CL on him and shut down, he kept going, he didn't want to have a coffee with me.

Third Kill: 335xi vs. Volvo S60R
2 lanes merging to 1 at a stop light. I had to beat him and then merge left. Light turns green, we both launch, I bogged a little and had him by 2-3 CLs before I merged over. He was some 40 year old guy who thought he had the ultimate AWD sportscar....he was wrong in everyway.

Sorry guys, I am keeping my little mods secret. They are very modest and I am not done experimenting yet.

I feel like I have an "X" on the back of my car. I feel like I am way more targetted in the 335xi by others than I am in my M6.

I LOVE my 335XI !!!!!

EDIT: I do have an "X" on the back of my car