steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
Thanks Aritaurus. I will answer all the responses in one post so it is easier to respond to.

I thought that rotating it 180 degrees wouldn't work from that referenced link, since that said that the pins were mirrored horizontally not rotated. That is confirmed looking at the picture from Shawn in that thread.

The unit I am looking at already comes with a replacement GPS arial to stick behind the screen. Also I am told the screen cable is slightly different so it comes with a replacement screen cable too.

Always worried about pulling trim pieces since I have never seen it done. Do I just apply upward pressure and it on the trim piece holding the controller and it just clips out? I presume that is the same with the dash trim?

Luckily I liked the look of the Black Panel Display, so I ordered it on my original VO. Very glad that I did now.
I can confirm that rotating the USB cable from the combox 180 degrees will work. I haven't tried with the glovebox cable so I can't really confirm.

Yep, the screen cable is different. My CIC cable had a ground wire that went into the CIC head unit and the NBT screen cable doesn't.

The trim pieces can actually be removed with your fingernails and it's fairly easy to take out so I wouldn't worry about breaking anything.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0