View Single Post
      10-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #14
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Glad to learn BMWNA agreed to replace more parts. However, larger questions still remain open.

Why weren't these parts replaced earlier? This could mean that BMW doesn't know the root cause. The decision to replace more expensive parts is a part of customer service as much as it's also a part of "pre lemon law" strategy. Problems reported after head unit replacement may have different symptoms and another cycle of "5 unresolved attempts" starts.

In your original post, several devices are affected: head unit, Bluetooth, USB, rear camera. Wiring harnesses is one likely common denominator in these problems. The typical diagnostic approach is to begin replacing three components in a logical sequence: sender, wiring harness, receiver. In your case, BMWNA is showing willingness to replace one component (head unit = sender) which could play a role - not all three.

I hope BMWNA and your dealer will successfully resolve all reported problems.

I also suggest to speak to your SA and discuss how they plan to determine if wiring harnesses may be at fault.
I'm actually at a new dealer because I was having problems with the previous dealer and was getting tired of taking it back for similar issues each time. Unfortunately the SA I got at the new dealer is a complete and utter asshole. So much so, that even if the techs fix my car this go around IDK if I'd take my car back to this dealer for servicing...

I'll bring that up with the SA I'm working with when I pick up my car, hopefully tomorrow. I know they're also replacing the actual wiring to the USB/Aux port. When talking to the SA he didn't know the specifics on what the techs actually found that led them to replace the whole head unit, just that they had performed an update and had "still noticed issues". So I want to get an actual answer of what that means when I get my car. Who knows maybe they are replacing the wiring harness too and the SA just didn't say so over the phone.

He didn't seem to know much about what was actually being done on my car. All he basically said on the phone was "Well they're replacing your professional head unit assembly, which is 2300 dollars... blah blah blah... but your car should still be under warranty, I'll have to check." I was like "Um yeah my car is a year old and definitely doesn't have 50k miles yet so...."
Appreciate 0