10-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #19
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadify View Post
I'm actually at a new dealer because I was having problems with the previous dealer and was getting tired of taking it back for similar issues each time. Unfortunately the SA I got at the new dealer is a complete and utter asshole. So much so, that even if the techs fix my car this go around IDK if I'd take my car back to this dealer for servicing...

I'll bring that up with the SA I'm working with when I pick up my car, hopefully tomorrow. I know they're also replacing the actual wiring to the USB/Aux port. When talking to the SA he didn't know the specifics on what the techs actually found that led them to replace the whole head unit, just that they had performed an update and had "still noticed issues". So I want to get an actual answer of what that means when I get my car. Who knows maybe they are replacing the wiring harness too and the SA just didn't say so over the phone.

He didn't seem to know much about what was actually being done on my car. All he basically said on the phone was "Well they're replacing your professional head unit assembly, which is 2300 dollars... blah blah blah... but your car should still be under warranty, I'll have to check." I was like "Um yeah my car is a year old and definitely doesn't have 50k miles yet so...."
In most states, your car needs to be undrivable or unsafe to drive to qualify for lemon law protection (as well as out of service 3 times or total of 30 days). Your Nav unit/iDrive would not trigger this in most States.

You would have to do your own research as to what the law specifies in Colorado.

EDIT:

Must be in 4 times for SAME problem WITHIN first 12 months or cumulative 30 days out of service, whichever comes first.

Furthermore Nav System/iDrive would not substantially impair the use of the car.

"Under the law, a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair a defect applies when the same defect remains after it has been subject to repair four (4) or more times within the rst year after the date of original delivery. It also applies when the vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of thirty (30) or more business days during the warranty term or one year after original delivery, whichever comes first.

Defects, such as rattles or squeaks, which do not substantially impair the use or market value of the vehicle are not covered. Neither are defects resulting from abuse, neglect, or unauthorized modi cations or alterations of the vehicle by a consumer."

Source:

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...R%202440_0.pdf

Last edited by Kabrich; 10-12-2016 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
kadify169.00