10-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #20
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp232 View Post
I am having the same issues with my F36 that I purchased in Feb 2015. The unit would reboot every 2 minutes on the dot as I am driving. I recorded on my cell and showed to my SA. It's happened twice now, both times replacing the head unit. I'm waiting for the third time for this to occur before I start considering the lemon law.
You are outside of Lemon Law in California which is for 18 months or 18k miles, whichever comes first, so you would be unsuccessful under Lemon Law.

Furthermore, California Lemon Law says it has to be something that would make the vehicle unsafe by causing a possible death or serious bodily injury to be considered.

Again, rebooting Nav System/ iDrive would not qualify.

Within the Song-Beverly Act, there is a presumption guideline wherein it is presumed that a vehicle is a “lemon” if the following criteria are met within 18 months of delivery to the buyer or lessee or 18,000 miles on the vehicle’s odometer, whichever comes first:
• The manufacturer or its agents have made two or more attempts to repair a warranty problem that results in a condition that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven;
• The manufacturer or its agents have made four or more attempts to repair the same warranty problem; or
• The vehicle has been out of service for more than 30 days (not necessarily all at the same time) while being repaired for any number of warranty problems;

Source:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/pdf_files/englemn.pdf

Amazed that people spend more time making a post online instead of 5 seconds with a Google search to see if their situation would even apply.
Appreciate 0