View Single Post
      09-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #24
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

I'm now on my 6th car from the same BMW/Mini dealer (Wood in Hampshire) and have been treated very well. Yes, they've made the odd cock-up, and not every deal has been as sharp as it could be, but I have always been made to feel valued, from my first car to my current one.

It is also noticeable that the dealer has a close-knit team. I've been going there 10 years and not only have I had the same salesman all that time, but the Business Manager and most other sales and service staff have been there a long time and are very helpful.

Just last week, post sale, I took in my V5 documents so I could put my personal plates on the car. My normal salesman was with a customer and the Sales Manager and Business Manager both went out of their way to sort the paperwork out for me, when they probably had more important things to be doing.

Similarly, when I went to sign the finance papers for the F30, the salesman who sold me my previous Mini was in the business managers office, and there proceded some light hearted and quite amusing banter between them about how they knew I'd go back to a BMW after the Mini, but I'd probably want a Mini again in a few years.

Its those 'tiny noticeable things' that make the difference between a good dealer and a great one.

Previous: F30 318d Sport, R56 MINI Dooper 2010, E93 325i M-Sport auto 2007, E91 320d SE 2005, E46 318Ci Coupe 2002
Appreciate 0