View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #121
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Wow those really are very impressive numbers! Dyno graph #2 Runfile 1 shows 411 wheel ft-tq with a down pipe! Thats impressive! I mean with 15% loss youre looking at 472 ft-lb +/-. For the street those are some great numbers and a ton of fun and torqe.

Youre saying its been pretty reliable? Are you running the stage 1?
Yes, very good numbers. The stock numbers are great too.
I'm telling ya, I still think the N55 in the F30's feel stronger stock than it did in the 135i and E90's. Can't prove it. I'm comparing the feel of my 135i with an N54 to my 335i w/N55, and the N54's were a bit stronger stock power. My 335i feels a bit stronger and faster and it's a bit heavier.
But then, this trans has some low gearing compared to the 135i's MT.
Auto mag reviews tested the 135i MT w/N54 at 4.7 to 60.
The 335i sport AT tested at 4.7 too, whereas the E90 335i was about .2 sec slower. Could be the new AT gearing, but maybe the current N55 is squeezing out a bit more, maybe.

No I'm not running a tune. If I do it will be in the spring.
My greater need right now is to get a new set of tires as it's getting colder and some snow might not be too far away.

I have a set of B-stone RE970's on hold at Tirerack. I'm supposed to get them installed this weekend, and likely I will.
I'm just not sure I want those over the Conti DWS, which I had on my 135i, and I liked their performance very much.
I digress.

The N55 stage 1 seems like a very nice upgrade for little lay out.
And, lots and lots of 1 series owners had the various JB-juice box tunes, and no one had any engine problems related to the tunes

Keep us posted if you get it. Let me know and I'll come out and help you install it, that is if you even need help. But I'd love to come out and get a test ride.
Appreciate 0