View Single Post
      01-17-2016, 01:45 PM   #137
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBreadbeard View Post
The problem with that around here is, there is a cost to pull them out of ditches not to mention the traffic caused by these idiots. The result is the govt. over-reacting and salting the earth at the mere suggestion of a snow flurry. It's ridiculous, wrecks the budget in bad years, and destroys cars. I'm convinced the net cost is far greater than merely mandating proper winter tires. Winter tires typically pay for themselves (and the rims) over time because the tires are typically cheaper than performance tires and last longer too.

Edit: We should start a "green" campaign to revoke the "clear road" policies of the 60s. We're causing massive damage because some people are too ignorant to buy the right tires.
Yeah, even with winter tires though, I still see people in ditches.

Like last night, I was headed back from montreal for the car show. And there was a mini blizzard out, only a portion of the road was plowed, and someone in a KIA tried to overtake me because I was apparently going too slow, and the curved turn came up and the guy who was in the overtake lane, came in too fast and hit the left wall, and then slowed down before continuing. He never tried to overtake me again, and instead followed right behind me the entire way.

Proper tires may help get rid of some dangers, but unfortunately, some people are still retarded, and will drive fast during weather where there is ice and snow on the ground. I adjust my speed accordingly, I will always go 10-20kph slower around corners if I know there is ice on the ground.
Appreciate 0