Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkallman View Post
I did make sure. They are both stamped 35 and they do both rub.
This is very strange. I wonder if manufacturing made a mistake and not really 35 offset. OR... I wonder if the EVO V2 are different than the original EVOs? I still have the original EVOs on the front, but EVO v2 on the rear since I had to replace them ahead of the fronts. Tires will vary slightly from brand to brand, model to model. The EVO v2 on the rear (275/30) do seem to have a slightly narrower/smaller sidewall than the EVO v1 I had because after I put them on I was able to drop it lower with no rub by quarter inch. It could be very possible the 245/35 are slightly larger in the EVO v2 over the EVO v1??

I know this is not helping, but just trying to wrap my head around it because so many run this identical setup including myself. It can only be two things.

1. The wheels are not a true 35 and there was a error in production. Whether during CNC or a worker mislabeled.
2. The tire is slightly larger than the original EVO.

ANYONE else running 245/35 EVO v2 on the fronts?

The 245/30 would do the trick as pointed out above. I would do that before a spacer personally unless you roll the fenders which can cause a whole new issue if you have a guy that doesn't know what he is doing and ends up cracking the paint or worst cause the metal to ripple. Chances are Tire Rack will not take them back, but never hurts to ask. I would imagine putting them up on Craiglist or your local Nissan or BMW club FB page they should sell rather quickly with little to no loss.

Last edited by Dippydo; 02-02-2016 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0