View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #5
BlueRoundel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhrp View Post
Before buying a BMW I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, although I did not doubt that there must be something to make so many people fans of the brand. After owning one recently, I can say that I feel like I'm joining that fan club (waiting for the honeymoon period to be over first though). The handling, gadgetry, engine, aesthetics and attention to detail (for the most part) make this one awesome all-in-one package! For me, I would say that most points go to the engine, handling and attention to detail in execution/integration of various features. The rest can probably be found in other brands as well.
This x100. Before I drove and owned a BMW between me, my colleagues and friends used to say how anyone who buys a BMW are just wasting their money. Why buy a BMW when you can get cars that have better performance figures and faster for way less money than a BMW?

It wasn't until when I had the chance to drive one, then it dawned on me that BMW with their rear wheel drive and constant hype on weight distribution...maybe they are on to something here. I have never driven a car where once I sat in it and started driving it I felt comfortable and at home with the car. What really stood out for me was the handling and how balance the car is. The driving "dynamics" of the car is really good. Sure a STI or an EVO will go faster, but in my opinion a BMW is a more complete and balanced, therefore a better car than the 2. And the interior of the car is simply a better place to be in.

Now my response when people ask why I buy a boring BMW rather than a faster car for less money I say to them drive a BMW, your whole perspective on BMW cars will change and you'll see for yourself why its loved by so many
Appreciate 0