View Single Post
      03-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

If the touring sells decent in Europe and BMW thinks it won't sell in the US why even make a GT and spend development dollars on a Porsche wing?

There are more enthusiasts than people who will buy this contraption... So epic fail on the business case. From a psychological standpoint BMW may want this to be the new minivan or niche product, but what other automotive company is jumping through hoops to build a competitor?

Ok a dude mentioned in another thread that Audi RS4 is a competitor to a 2008 M3. Well that is a formula that worked for BMW and brought many enthusiasts to this forum. It sold why not continue it? Unless this is their black series competitor mindset. I can see offering reduced carbon emitting and more fuel efficient vehicles for high tax markets but why offer something that does neither of these and doesn't follow a profitable trend? BMW will not be the next VW any time soon. Pretty soon BMW may need a makeover a la restaurant rescue.

Where did the testosterone go at BMW?

I'm not trying to knock this car, I am saying the F1X and F8X M models could have come with bespoke engines and more features.
Appreciate 0