03-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #16
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
After owning our 2013 335 m sport for nearly 3 months now, I must say that this is the best manual shifter I have ever driven. I have driven manuals for over 25 years now and have owned several makes and must say this one is damn good. My e92 coupe is nice but the f30 is smoother with even more precise gear engagement. The shifts just want to glide into place with precision and ease. First to second is greatly improved over the previous generation. I am not sure what BMW did but it was correct. I still love my e92 and it's shifter is nice but the f30 is quite an improvement. I hope others here consider making the purchase of a manual f30 so BMW will continue to offer it here in the USA.

Anybody else have any opinions?
Really? Never drove a BMW stick before, but first to second on my MSport is quite long. Have to drop quite a lot of revs to shift smoothly I observed. Unless I'm doing something wrong...