View Single Post
      03-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Great interview, south. Some questions and observations:

1) Does that mean that M Performance exterior parts (splitters, etc) require the M Sport package in order to fit properly?

2) So this pretty much confirms that, color aside, the M Performance calipers and the M Sport calipers are the same. So if someone wanted to spend the money to retrofit, they can have any of the four colors they wanted.

3) Regarding your question about the differences between the M Performance suspension and the M Sport suspension, I thought the M Sport suspension was no different than the Sport Line suspension. Was your question excluding the F30?

4) I like that the F20 and F30 exterior parts won't have as much clear coat. Keeps the price down, and those who really want a glossy look to their CF can have the clear coat applied elsewhere. I rather like the matte CF coat that Porsche uses, actually.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0