03-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
I don't think this is the case as it is actually the whole point of AS. From what i heard, most of ppl who drove it loved it, but then again there are always different tastes.
I drove the adaptive. It's not substantially different, and not as good as e90 stock sport package. I understand how things change with each new generation, but the handling on the F30 Sport is pretty disappointing. Yesterday a woman pulled right out in front of me (DC drivers!!!) and I could barely escape hitting her. Rapid lane changes are not as easy or fluid as you would expect. The car is simply not as nimble as it could be.

I've overlooked little issues with BMW in the past, including the general absence of torque in the e90 328i (even with MT), because I was always rewarded with a go-cart like agility that made me smile. I don't think I am alone in saying that the essence of the 3 series is being ever more diluted, until eventually it won't be the "ultimate" any more.

I'm pretty sure the aftermarket springs will get me closer to where the car should be, but if that is what it takes to make this car perform, why would any one pay the extra $2500 for the sport line?

Anyway, I still love the car but it needs some work to get where it already should have been.