View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I understand not wanting to drill holes in your bumper, but mounting the plate off center on the tow hook just looks wrong to me.

I have always liked the looks of Euro-plates [especially on BMW's and Porsche's] in the US since it makes the car look more.....Euro! I like my plate mounted front and center just like it comes if you pick up your car from the Welt. And just like the F30 M Sport at the top left corner of this page.

I could have used two sided tape to mount it but that didn't seem secure enough. I drilled two small holes and used a purpose made plate holder and I love the way it looks. We have a front plate law in Cali and I haven't been bothered yet.
Unfortunately, your euro plate is just as illegal as no plate in California. In which case, I would much rather go plateless. In fact, your euro plate probably attracts more attention from the PoPo. The fact that you haven't been bothered yet is the same fact that people with no plates haven't been bothered yet.... and that is that most cops won't bother pulling someone over for no plate. Most front plate tickets are "added on" as a fix-it ticket to more major infractions. However, you will probably get a fat ticket from the parking attendent if you park in some cities though.
Appreciate 0