View Single Post
      02-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #23
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Msport 6MT F25 X3.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikli View Post
The yellow looks good. IMO better and stand out more than the popular red or blue.
Yeah, the advantage of a black rim or a rim that has a lot of black, any caliper will pop behind that rim. A bright yellow would be more preferable to me over the pheonix yellow if i were going yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoman View Post
Excellent build... Love silver cars!
Where did you get the backup camera retrofit from?
Also what are the tire specs you're running on the 437s? I heard that the stock F80 sizes rub.
Thanks man.. I pieced together the parts off ebay, my dealer etc.. Lots of good info in these 2 threads below on the exact part #'s, etc...

I'm not sure i 100% clear in one of responses above when oguz kuruca asked about it.

If you want to retrofit the OEM reverse camera, you much first have OEM Rear PDC. There is an option of going aftermarket which doesn't require rear PDC. I'm 99.99999999% positive you could not have just added rear PDC as an option on your car. It's option 507 (driver assistance) from the dealer which includes Rear PDC & the reverse camera. So the fact your asking, would mean you would not already have Rear PDC or you would have the reverse camera as well.

OEM Rear PDC DIY thread

OEM Reverse Camera DIY thread

As for the tire sizes.. i am running the stock M3 437 tire sizes & i am not rubbing at all. The ones that are rubbing are lowered on some sort of aftermarket suspension. My car is an M Sport so it's 10mm lower than non M sport or non sport package F30's. Here are the specs of the wheel/tire I'm running - 255/35/19x9 +29 & 275/35/19x10 +40. With that being said, the offsets & the wider tire maybe too aggressive for some & may not like the "poke" look of the tires beyond the fenders. The rear tires look awesome... the front.. the next time i buy tires i'm going to go a size down. The rim width of a 9 & offset of +29 (which is the culprit) will remain the same but the tire size would be 10mm less in width. Hope that makes sense.

I did a write up of these Rims/Tires if you want some additional & more pics: My 437M thread