rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
SOMEONE LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!

As we said in our F30 Lines Guide:

First and foremost, these lines are not the only 3 cars we can choose from. A 3-Series can be ordered as is and optioned how you want to option it, just as has always been with a BMW. These 3 "Lines" are just extra options on top of what is normally offered. I tend to think of them as just an extra package, akin to a sports package, except that the package contains many more stylistic elements. Another way to think of them would be a pre-packaged BMW Individual car.
Jason, will we be able to individually spec the different kidney grills, headliner color, dash color, wheels, bumper strips, key fobs, etc that are included in the lines without spec'ing one of the lines (i.e. mix and match what is included in the lines)?

I think that is the key question. If not I suspect that decision is going to leave a bad taste for a lot of the people on this board as the diehards that really want to customize their cars are going to be forced into the slots of the three lines and basically choose which stereotype of lemming they are.

I get that it will work and be good for the masses who buy off lots, but my guess is a lot of people on these boards are thinking/hoping for a BMW Individual type experience without the extra cost!

Side note... very disappointed that power (and memory) steering column is not an option on the new 3'er. My wife and I like the size of the 3 but would like to have all the luxury features. This is a really nice one for us as my wife is 5'4" and I am 6'1". Ventilated seats would also be nice as a previous poster noted. We just bought a 2011 Cayenne Turbo with this option and they are fantastic!