View Single Post
      03-29-2014, 03:38 AM   #1
w1k1nG
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F36 420d GC MG+CR

Exclamation crash and reliability of 3gt

after a long research and consideration, i have decided to buy an 3gt.
in my opinion the best look in 3gt is with alpine white, m sport, like the one bmw displayed in geneva last year.
so i go for it and i was the owner of one of the few m package 3gt's in turkey, considering around 200-300gt's has sold since last year according to the distributor.

everything was great about it until last week, after 6 months of usage. but on around 5000km, i had a terrible and unbelievable traffic accident.
with summer tires, sport mode, 150km/s, very heavy rain, big puddle on road and i have totally lost the control, go out of the road and the car felled over.
i still couldn't believe how it became and still couldn't understand anything about it.

luckily i didn't have any serious injuries except some small things on my hands, but the car has big damage in everywhere.

i'm not sure if anyone have watched the top gear uk this season, but like what happened there to jeremy with 1 series on flat and straight road in high speed, i totally face the same. the only difference is my conditions are worst then him except the speed.

video; http://gfycat.com/HelpfulFeistyCrustacean

the road is my everyday road to work, which is around 50km, i know every meter of it since long years. the big puddles on the location of accident is something i'm used to, i never lost control before in similar conditions with my e90 before, but with 3gt, i totally lost the control and couldn't do anything, which is shocking me.

i still couldn't find out where is the problem, is it about car, or is it about the conditions or myself.

anyhow, the price of the car is when i bought was around 80.000USD and now the cost of fix is 35.000USD, so now the situation is at the stage of evaluation by insurance company but seems that probably the car is going to be scrapped and insurance will pay my money back.

however due to the increases on usd-tl rate, prices of bmw and taxes, the 2014 3gt price increased to an incredible 90.000USD.
frankly speaking, i don't want to buy exactly same car by paying an additional 10.000usd, so i checked for other alternatives within the same price level, but it's a pity that i couldn't find anything looks better than 3gt m package yet. therefore i have totally messed up in this situation and can't decide what to do.

please let me know if you have any suggestions ? go for 3gt again by paying more money and question marks about car's reliability ? go for 4 series or 4 series grand couple ?
Attached Images

Last edited by w1k1nG; 03-29-2014 at 03:54 AM..
Appreciate 0