11-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by movietub View Post
You've made a wise decision if you want an occasionally sporty, but always easy powerful car. The adaptive suspension is very good indeed and the lazy, easy, torque just eats the miles.

The standard brakes will of course be fine, it's not as if BMW are going to risk an above average accident problem for the sake of giving the car adequate brakes. That said, if you're coming out of a 135 i'm assuming your going to drive the 330d pretty hard on occasion. And whilst the standard brakes are safe enough, they will probably spoil your fun by fading too early. I'm assuming that's why BMW uprated the brakes on the m-sport, because they know what sort of driver is likely to buy one. They don't go on about it in the brochure so can't be a marketing ploy. I had no idea the brakes on the SE were lesser until I test drove one.
Good to hear, thanks I'm really looking forward to the car, it's a big change for me, and with lots of new tech as well

Do you think the bite and actual stopping performance of the M Sport brakes and standard 330d brakes will be very similar (and also not very different more the 135i brakes), but that the main noticeable difference will be the fade? If so, I could probably live with that, if it just means they're still good performers, but I can't use them hard for as long. If I don't get the brakes, it means I can get the HUD, you see