03-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatryan View Post
Hey all,

2013 335i with Harmon Kardon sound package. I am a bit of an audiophile I suppose, meaning that I love having crisp and precise music, but I have no training and am not an audio guy by any means. Example being that when I am working on computer, I connect to an external DAC; Focusrite Scarlett and plug that into some Presonus studio monitors.

My music taste ranges, from some metal, rock, pop, and soundtracks even. Sidenote, is there a good "all around" reference CD to download (purchase of course) or rip to USB for testing various types of music that you recommend?

I have been reading about upgrades for days now, and am wondering between the Bavsound system and the full custom MusicarNW setup. Would I be happy with the Bavsound drop-ins? Even though there is no amp or sub upgrades? Or should I wait and see if I am one of the lucky ones that Musicar replies to my email contact? lol I say that in a bit of jest after reading about how insanely busy they get over there

Of note also is that I have Muscular Dystrophy, so while I would love to install it all myself, I just may not be able to becuase my upper body is severly limited.

Thank you for your time!
Start with the BSW full swap (except woofers) then decide if you want the full MusicarNW sub/woofer upgrade (you will).
Appreciate 3