09-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #10
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by crono06 View Post
Yup. My dealer does this from time to time. I only realized because they told me not to worry if I saw liquid dripping from under the engine. It's just that they gave it a quick spray and wipe.
I don't think the answer to this question is as simple as a yes, its ok, or no its not. i wouldn't just haphazardly just turn on the hose full blast and start shooting everywhere. you're just asking for trouble.

I'd like to know from an experienced person who's actually done it before (not 2nd hand info), which parts of the engine bay to either avoid getting wet or better yet, cover it up or bag it to prevent it from getting wet.

This is not just a case of being OCD, which 99% of forum members are here. We're talking about your $50k car not being able to start again. If i was going to play it safe, i would remove the battery terminal before i did it, then let the car dry completely before attempted to start the car again.

In addition, there's probably sensitive engine components i would cover up. Just off the top of my head, i would cover up the alternator, and any other exposed electrical connector that doesn't look like it would take water well.
Appreciate 0