07-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 520d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
Similarly, I was all set on getting the automatic, even test drove one. It was the test drive that convinced me to go manual though. The auto is great, but the manual just gives that extra control. I found myself missing the stick and the ability to change when I wanted. The money I saved went into a whole heap of extra options and a much happier choice of car.

I made heaps of changes to my original spec and it made no change to my delivery date. That may have been because it was so far in the future that it didn't matter. I'm now in lock down so can't make any more changes even though my car build won't be started for another week
Yeah know that extra control is awesome with the manual. If I go ahead with the Auto it would be for 2 reasons; 1 - Driving on London roads to/from work especially and 2 - This car would be used by my partner down the line and she's better off with an auto!!!

Im off to the dealership tomorrow morning and hope I can decide by then. The fact of getting additional spec with that money is all the more tempting.

@rjberry - When did you put the original order in? Just trying to get a time frame for my order to go into build. Cheers!
Appreciate 0