10-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #31
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Went into the dealers today (supposedly just to drop off some paperwork, lol) and ended up playing with both new and old versions of Pro Nav 609.

Got to say, software wise they seem very similar.

Sure there are some features on the new version that the old doesn't have, but these I would class as a gimmick type thing, something you would rarely use.

For what you use it for, i.e. Nav there is little difference in the graphics and clarity, newer one being a little sharper, but you need to compare both almost together to notice.

Where the new version does shine, is, it is very quick. Going onto the older version, you get this pregnant pause between each button press. Annoying after the instantaneous new version. Destination mapping seemed a fair bit quicker on the new one too.

Verdict is, (bear in mind this is after maybe 10 minutes on both) those with the older system aren't really missing out much at all.
I am driving the F31 328i with new NAV (on loan ), I agree with your comments , but the new system being so much quicker and voice commands clearer, coupled with instant TMS it's way in front of any other car manufacturers sat-nav systems.
The old system drove me made, going at speed with nav on I could be on the corner i needed to take when the nav would then tell me to turn as I was "passing it"
Lots of new toys as you say that many prohaps would not use, music lovers can load the so much music and access it with such speed it's fab IMO.