View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #36
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I need to understand this system better.

Ok, after you come to a stop, how long until the engine shuts off when the system is on?

If I come to a stop sign in my neighborhood, I approach, brake, stop. I saw there was no one there as I approached, so I just want to make a complete stop, wheels not moving, and I want to take off quickly. Will the engine shut off once the wheels stop moving, or is there a time frame until the engine shuts off?

I'm wondering because I can see a whole set of scenarios where the engine shutting on and off during stop and go would simply be annoying.

So, I decide to shut it off on EVERY start up. Ok. But then, in what driving scenario would I then chose to leave it on?
And since there is a choice to be made anyway, why have the default set to ON?
Auto on/off is not a mandatory tech, not yet anyway, by the EPA.
So, why not have the default at OFF?

Anyone know if that auto on/off has it's own fuse?
When I tested the auto stop/start, I noticed the engine turn off after an absolute-complete stop. I don't know about your driving habits, but I rarely come to an absolute-complete stop unless I'm at a red light or a stop sign (mostly ). If you haven't test driven the car yet, I encourage you to try it out. When I test drove it, I didn't find the auto stop/start too annoying. My wife couldn't get the auto stop/start to actually work. Hahaha. I guess she never stops.

If it was really annoying, I would find it less stressful to just push the "off" button instead of trying to fake it out with hard braking or turning the wheel or other cheats.
Appreciate 0