View Single Post
      09-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #100
gigibombom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I have experienced the similar thing the other day. I was in sport mode and giving a couple of smashes on the throttle on the highway then when I came to a light, ASS didnt work. I continued normal driving style on semi-highway and for couple stops ASS still didnt work. A day after, I used my car again and ASS started functioning normally. So my guess will be that once the computer detects the performance driving style it will signal to disable ASS to maintain its "mode" to not to give the engine too many fluctuations to protect it(hypothetically speaking, from high performance to shut down might not be good for any engines). that was just my guess and I am no expert. But since your case the ASS wont come back which is definitely an issue. Sounds like ur dealer really know what they r doing so i think you r in good hands. happy driving lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomn29 View Post
Good question - but yes I am sure.

I've got the M-PPK and a catted downpipe (which is currently throwing a CEL). I did the downpipe install about 3 days after the M-PPK upgrade; and the start/stop has not kicked at all. During the 3 days before the downpipe; I was probably in Sport mode most of the time - hard to say.

But I can be in 100% auto; comfort, A/C off, 60-80 degrees outside; stoplight at completely full stop, etc. No start/stop.
I've got a BMW appt on Monday to look over the car after I ask the dealer the same question. Same dealer that completed by M-PPK upgrade in 1 day and I've got the old 2012 DME build; so good confidence.
Appreciate 0