12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #183
jrob
Bimmer God
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampCat84 View Post
UPDATE!

I called the dealer on Thursday morning... They apparently hadnt heard of the problem yet... They wanted me to bring it in asap so they could take a look at it. So, I took it in Friday morning and the service guy took a look at it and was like 'well the seat is working fine isnt it?' ..and I said 'yea, for now, my car is two weeks old...' he basically said to me 'so, whats the problem then?' and I was like 'THERES RUST IN MY CAR! THATS THE PROBLEM!' ...idiot... Anyway, he went to get the head shop guy and that guy was super nice about it.. took pics and said he would call BMW and see what they need to do about it.. (I also found rust on my hinges btw)

He called me back later that day and said that they were going to be replacing the seat frames on both seats... and that they would call me when the parts come in mid next week... Im happy that they are stepping up and taking care of it as they should. I did go ahead and write BMW directly to explain the issue and said that I know its been brought to their attention before and that I hope they do the right thing and issue a recall or something to fix the issue.

If they dont then frankly it will be their problem in 3 years when they get all these lease returns back with rusted out seat bottoms...

I will post again with pics once the issue is fully resolved. I also told BMW that this whole situation has put a bad taste in my mouth about the quality of their product these days. This is my first BMW and if they step up and fix this, then my faith will be restored.. but it makes my opinion of them a little shaky as for now... I told them I may have to go back to Audi if this is what I can expect from them..

I still love my car , and once the rust is gone I will be happy! I hope everyone else checks their seats and gets it fixed.
Glad they're taking care of you! All the reorganizing of the 3 and 4 series and all the different variations to compete with the likes of Audi etc aren't going to do a bit of good if BMW's image of making high quality products that they stand behind ever gets tarnished by something like this. I hope they aggressively deal with this problem in the productions stages.
Appreciate 0