04-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #76
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
Brightest idea yet! Soon enough you will have to have a pre-flight check list of what to do before starting your car.

All of those that say "hey there is a button just turn it off" are really missing the big picture.

One of the things I read about this "feature" was that if your wheels are not pointing straight then it will not engage, which is great at the 1st glance because it conveys the notion that if you are standing still waiting for the incoming traffic to open up so you can make a left you will not have this system die on you. The old school take on how to properly make a left through oncoming traffic says that you should keep your wheels pointed straight until you are ready to go because if you get rear ended while your wheels are pointing to the left you will likely get launched into the oncoming traffic. So if you are like me and follows this technique you are like to have the engine stop on you while you were trying to make a left.

In any case, this is just one reason why I think the lack of permanent off makes this car bad. And again, I understand that it can be useful but I don't understand why it's forced upon you (if somebody says "hey there is a button just turn it off" I will have a heard attack).
I have my pre flight check list.

fuel.......check
rpms......check
Hit DTC button....Check
ASS off.....check.....oops hit engine off button since I can't see the fricking ASS button!
Hit start again....now I'm good to go!

Do we need to call the tower so we can taxi?