View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #17
oop north
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Subaru Outback 3.0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Are you sure you've driven this car?, I have one on loan and driven the 330D M Sport with NO ISSUES at all.
Yes, quite sure thanks I am not in the habit of making things up - not that you have any way of knowing that of course I did point out that two colleagues disagreed with me, and also said that I have a bit of a thing about tyre noise, so it is quite a personal thing

Did a 50-mile trip today, with my wife as passenger - and here might be the answer: she really hated the wind noise, but she thought the road noise was absolutely fine. I am the other way round - the tyre noise is extremely irritating, frankly, and means I could not live with the car on 18" wheels. If it's not better on smaller wheels, I will not be getting one (and yes I can afford it, thanks, so no "envy" here if that's what you're thinking ). I have a business I can put it through, though by the time I pay tax on the benefit I might as well buy privately

There was more wind noise today, perhaps because it is windier, I am not sure

But it seems that the frequency / pitch of the noise from tyres drives me nuts (very close to giving me a headache today after 20 minutes on the Mway to Blackpool from Preston), whereas the frequency / pitch of the wind noise irritates the lovely Helen.

Jolly annoying as in every other major respect, I thought the 330d might be just the car for me - reminded me of my lovely E39 530d (and an E39 525d touring I had before that) in many ways. I really don't want a bigger car than the F30 but I want hush and waftability more than rapidity
Appreciate 0