View Single Post
      12-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #25
Aberle
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i Limited Edition MPPSK

Drove around for 3 hours today. Got a chance to try it out a little more thoroughly in Sport and Sport+

Everything has worked as advertised.

Response is amazing and it's no placebo effect. It darts off from a stand still and I've had to make some slight adjustments to the way in which I drive. (Firmer grip, gentler on the gas, slightly different handling when cornering, etc...) The sounds when in Sport+ mode are phenomenal! The pleasure factor while driving certainly went up a few notches.

Theoretically, it's at 361 HP now. I don't know why there is a variation when I run the VIN decoder which lists stock power at 326 HP, while if you search for the specs of a 340i online it lists 320 HP. With the 35 HP which the kit adds it should be at 361 or 355 HP depending on which set of numbers is more accurate. Torque should be up 39 lb-ft to 369 lb-ft. (and boy do you feel that in the seat!)

From some threads I read online some people were curious as to whether or not the Sport Display adjusts to the new figures. It does! (Pic attached)

In terms of aesthetics, I went for the stainless steel exhaust tip finishers thinking it would suit the color scheme better than the carbon fiber variants... considering I don't have any carbon fiber anywhere else.

With all that said, mission accomplished! Bought this car in November of last year and shortly after started looking into the M brakes and power kit. It's been a long journey full of obstacles, but overcoming them has proved totally worth it.

I tend to write more succinctly, but thought I would elaborate in this journal in the hope that it might serve as a species of guide to other people in countries where coming across these kinds of kits and parts is not as easy or fairly priced.

Thanks a lot to everyone who has been motivating me throughout the process!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
CJ4211566.50
F80DXB11.50