View Single Post
      12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #282
HoundForHire
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VW GTI, Waiting for 2er

I don't ever post on the site, but felt I should.

- The car isn't the worst thing ever, I even like the front end, rear, and the side vents don't bother me, although I would prefer the brushed metal to the black on my M.

-I am currently not an American teenager, although I was in the past.

-I think most of the angst toward this car is that it represents something that the enthusiast community does not want. That being said, some people may feel that its R&D/production cost may be keeping the models the do want from production or touching their shores.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE FOR THOSE IN THE NA MARKET. I don't want to see that $hit being the thrown in the face of us in the NA market- I would love a M135i, a 535D, a 5 series touring, a 1 series diesel, a 335d or 335i touring, but I am not allowed to purchase any of those. We still have the E82 1er here. Now I'm all for BMW branching out into untapped markets, but I would also prefer if the leveled the playing field and gave the NA market some of the great models we've been missing out on for YEARS. I'd pay 44k for a M135i with some options BMW. If you won't let me buy it, somebody will eat your lunch- and soon. Mark my words.

I think BMWoA is largely to blame for the lack of models here North America, but I don't see giving half of your lineup to NA being sustainable for long. Those in Canada just get screwed by proxy.

end rant

Last edited by HoundForHire; 12-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0